Physical Therapy for Back Pain
A Non-Invasive Treatment for Back Conditions
Physical therapy is a personalized therapy program which incorporates a combination of exercise, massage, medication, hot/cold therapy, and more depending on the patient’s condition. During physical therapy, you work one-on-one with a physical therapist who is familiar with your condition and customizes your therapy sessions based on your goals and preferences.
At Biscup Spine, many patients are referred to a physical therapy program to either prevent or recover from back surgery. Physical therapy is a holistic treatment that can help a patient regain mobility and manage pain in virtually any stage of their treatment plan. These programs also teach patients new ways to care for their spine to prevent future complications
What to Expect
Your physical therapy will be built from the ground up to address your specific needs. It is difficult to say what your exact physical therapy program will entail, but the following overview can give you a general idea of what to expect.
The physical therapy process:
- The physical therapist will review your medical provider’s notes and perform an assessment of your condition. They will also ask you about what you hope to achieve through this treatment.
- Based on your assessment and input, the therapist will create your personalized therapy program.
- You will be instructed on various exercises and therapies that will aid your back pain treatment. Your therapist will also how to continue these treatments in your home so that you can prevent back complications in the future.
- Your therapist will regularly reassess your condition to determine how well the treatment is working and whether or not adjustments are made.
- If you are undergoing physical therapy to prevent surgery, you will receive regular updates on how well you are progressing and whether or not a surgical procedure will be necessary.
- If you are taking physical therapy to recover from surgery, your physical therapist will target your treatment to help you resume activities you may have difficulty performing after the procedure.
Our experienced surgeon at Biscup Spine has over 30 years of experience treating back pain and personally treats all of our patients. He can help you decide if physical therapy is necessary and refer you to a trusted physical therapist. Call us today at (800) 533-7313 to get started.